Thursday, February 28, 2008

Isn't the Weather Wonderful

Seriously. I am loving this cool weather. I have been knitting my little heart out, which is one of my favourite things to do. Knitting is theraputic and relaxing - just what I need at the moment.


I have been spending lots of time in bed too as the cool weather is a good excuse for hopping into bed early and watching bad TV. Anyway, I was delighted the other night to discover some of my jewelery making fun patterns on the wall.

The Hunter and The Hunted

Work continues to be a source of instability. I had been hopeful the other day in proposing a solution to an organisational problem that seemed to meet the needs of everyone involved. I didn't count on individual egos and self interest getting in the way. You would think by now I would be a little wiser to the fact that there is always a difference between collectivist idealogy and sentiment, and the reality of what people will give up for the greater good. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

In the meantime I will stick to and enjoy the simplicity of knitting and the colder nights.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Usually cold weather heralds winter and brings misery for some people, so it is refreshing to hear someone happy about the cooler weather. I guess knitting is mostly a winter sport, so it is great that you can get back to what you enjoy. It is much more important to enjoy your hobbies and free time, so enjoy that time and let the work look after itself.