RED LENTIL AND SPINACH SOUP WITH CHEESE CROUTONS - SERVES 4
2 tsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp ground coriander
1 cup red lentils, rinsed
5 cups vegetable stock
2 cups spinach shredded
1 lemon, cut into 8 slices
8 slices French stick
60g parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan. Add the onions and cook until softened. Add the garlic and coriander and cook for another minute
- Add the lentils and stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Add the spinach and slices of lemon and cook for another 2 minutes
- Croutons - Preheat the grill. Lightly toast the bread on both sides. Sprinkle evenly with the cheese. Grill until the cheese is melted and golden
RASPBERRY AND WHITE CHOCOLATE WAFFLE PUDDING - SERVES 4
480g (about 10-12) waffles
300g fresh or frozen raspberries
200g good quality white chocolate, chopped
500ml thick cream
¼ cup caster sugar
1 tbs plain flour
1 tsp grated lemon rind
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs icing sugar, to dust top
Cream or Ice-cream
- Preheat the oven to 170c.
- Grease a medium ovenproof dish.
- Cut waffles into 2 cm cubes.
- Place half in the dish, topped by half the raspberries and half the chocolate.
- Repeat these layers.
- Whisk together sugar, flour, eggs, rind, vanilla and cream.
- Pour over waffle mixture and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until golden.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Serve with cream or ice-cream.