Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Now You See Me, Now You Don't

It feels that way anyway. I have been absent. Going through the motions on a day to day basis but not really engaged with anything. I find it amazing how energy works. It comes and goes completely of its own accord. I am finally learning to roll with the ebb and flow more which is nice after years of fighting the unconquerable.

I have missed my little blog though and all the lovely people who visit and leave me messages. I still look at it everyday and visit other favourites but I have no comments to make and nothing to say for myself.
Anyway, I am back. Mostly anyway.

During the week I was thinking about those Blogging Without Obligation badges that you see on some blogs. The irony of having to tell people that you are not going to feel obliged to blog makes me smile (and even chuckle). I really love true irony and now I am wondering if I wouldn't like to have one on my blog just to be ironic.

I have also been wondering as part of this conversation with myself whether Alanis Morissette didn't have any friends to tell her that "rain on your wedding day" and other such things aren't ironic but simply bad luck. How does someone get to make a whole chart-topping song about irony that is actually inaccurate in its definition. Surely that is the greatest irony of all.

So, you can see my state of mind. Cynical and dry. I don't mind it so much. The people around me probably do.

This is post number 50 which is kind of exciting. It also coincides with the "Festival of Cath" - my birthday, which peaks this Sunday but generally I turn into a week long celebration that includes meals out, shopping and general indulgence. In order to celebrate both the blogging milestone and the festival I am planning a giveaway. Pop back in the next couple of days to check it out. It's going to be fun.

10 comments:

Shellbells said...

nice to have u back.

xxx

Shellbells said...

hubby just brought home my art swap gift today shall post about it tonight if I get a chance...thanks again for organisig it!!!


xxx

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Happy birthday! I can totally understand about the energy levels and thank you for your lovely words on my blog about my energy levels of late.

The Morrissette song has always made me laugh as well. How could someone not have pulled her aside and shown her a dictionary.

So, as shellbells said, good to have you back, no obligation to post, but always lovely when you do ;)

Betty Jo said...

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog.Oh and I saw the swappies on your etsy wish list and got me some!
I think I should start a big girls swapcard swapmeet so we can all improve our collection. xx Liz

Georgie Love said...

Hooray for birthday week! (Can we hold on a little longer and make it birthday month?)

Thanks so much for YOUR kind words, what a sweet treat.

xo

Juddie said...

Hey Cathy - Happy Birthday for Sunday!

Sorry to hear you've been feeling flat. Did you get my email? I was hoping you could send me your postal address so I can send you your (belated) woodland artwork. Hope it arrives in time for your birthday!

:-) Juddie

Jacinta said...

I am finding it difficult right now, though I do love blogging. I just don't seem to have enough time...

As for Alanis - I'm with you, seems she really didn't get it.

Extended birthdays are essential! Enjoy it while you can.

CurlyPops said...

Woo hoo, I was wondering where you'd been! Isn't that funny, now if someone doesn't post for a few days you start to wonder where they are, what happened, have they dropped off the face of the earth.....hmmmm silly really....we just sometimes get too busy to be blogged!
Happy Birthday...I'm looking forward to the festival of Cath. Have you noticed how many of us crafty types have had a birthday in the last month.....craftiness must be a taurean trait.

Bec said...

Happy Upcoming Birthday to you!! Yes, I think Alanis got confused between the word 'irony' and the word 'unfortunate'....or maybe she just needed a word with three syllables and didn't care if it actually made sense or not :P
Oh, and by the way - I quite like cynical and dry. Makes me chuckle...

Two Peas In a Pod said...

So glad you are back..I hope you have a wonderful week long birthday...I think it should be the norm, dont you??
Cheers Kyla