Sunday somehow passed me by. Lily and Agathe came up with the most fantastic theme for this week's This Is... which is hosted by Three Buttons. So you get to invite any 6 people of your choosing - dead or alive, famous, unknown, real or fictional for a fabulous dinner party, and share your reasons for inviting them. I figure better late than never and I wasn't going to miss such a great theme.
I have had a wonderful time thinking about it and it has been hard to limit the numbers. In fact the longer I spent thinking about it the more I want to have a cocktail party with more people. Anyway, dinner parties should be fabulous. They should be filled with fabulous people, stories, conversations and ideas so my list looks like this:
- Annie Leibowitz - what an extraordinary woman. I love her work and am fascinated by her life. I would love to spend an evening listening to stories about the people she has met and the way that she sees the world.
- Florence Broadhurst - this woman was a fascinating mystery. She re-ivented herself so many times over and proved that you can do anything you set your mind to. Her life story is incredible and I highly recommend either the book or film about her (including her untimely murder).
- My dear friend Shaun - this man epitomises 'fabulous' as far as I am concerned. He is witty, charming, talented, a natural performer and the life of the party. An essential dinner party guest.
- Kevin Spacey - one of my favourite actors. He has made so many incredible films including American Beauty and The Life of David Gale. He seems such a diversely talented man and I would love to spend an evening getting to know him and talking with him.
- Bobby Kennedy - a politician who had a vision. In this day and age I would love to meet a politician who saw the bigger picture and seemed to have aspirations for a truly inclusive society.
- Cate Blanchett - beautiful, intelligent, accomplished, artistic, innovative and risque. This woman is awesome. I would love to have her to dinner.
- French Onion Soup with Gruyere Croutons
- Rack of Lamb with roast potatoes, carrots and pumpkin, asparagus and broccolini
- Chocolate Molten Puddings with Vanilla Bean Icecream and Cream
- Coffee and Liqueur Muscat
Ok, now I just need to set the date and work out how to get in touch with these people. Anyone????