Friday, March 21, 2008

Lovely Loot

I've been shopping, and had a wonderful time of it. I was inspired by Curly Pops who made some excellent Op Shop purchases. I was planning to go to the very same Op Shop but didn't make it with all my other purchasing.


Fabrics. The pinks are to make something for my partner's niece for her birthday. I'm thinking about a handbag of some sort. The blue and green - well that's for me.

Supplies for me. Lots of lovely new colours to play with. And...canvas to play on.


I am planning to have a market stall in May at my local neighbourhood house. It will be my first ever such thing. So I need to get busy making, and now I have the chattels to do so.

I am planning a lovely weekend of pottering in the studio. I seem to be completely unwilling or unable to sleep at the moment. Six months of lack of structure and routine has really messed with my ability to sleep. It's a double edged sword. I like the freedom of not having a whole lot of structure but I kind of need the structure and routine to keep me balanced. Anyway, I have decided after Easter to focus on balancing my life a little more - earlier to bed, increase exercise and eat healthy (the usual suspects really). In the meantime I will enjoy the last of my late night roamings through the house and cyberland.

One last shot for this post - just because I like it...

6 comments:

Tessa said...

I love the last picture of the paints it is very abstract and wonderful! It makes me want to go paint right now! The fabrics are great as well. I am glad you got a shopping trip!

CurlyPops said...

Oh wow, look at all that lovely acrylic paint and all those canvasses! Now you're inspiring me to get the paints out and make some mess!

Kitty said...

wow, so much stuff to play with.
I can't wait to see the outcomes
good luck with it all

Sherrin said...

some lovely purchases there... can't wait to see what they turn into! :o)

Jenaveve said...

Hi! I've just discovered your blog and can't wait to read through all the history... but wanted to say hello, and LOVE the look of those paints. All that color just waiting to become something. Can't wait to see what they will be used for.

And good thinking on the life balance thing. So easy to get unbalanced, and overwork some areas of your life more than others. I'm with you - needing to make more time for the exercise / health thing, it's kind of gotten away from me. A bit side tracked with all the craftiness - but, I remember how much more can be done in a day when you're fitter and healthier.

Amelia said...

hello, i just wanted to let you know about Melbourne's collaborative op shopping blog 'I op therefore I am'

http://melb-opshopping.blogspot.com/

there are also links there to maps and addresses of Melbourne's op shops. let me know if you are interested.

regards, Amelia