Wednesday, August 20, 2008

On My Desk - Awards

The lovely Curlypops recently bestowed 2 awards on me. It is very exciting as I have never had a blog award before and now I have 2. The most recent was this:

[award3[1].jpg]

I'm passing it on to some blogs that I love to visit.


These women are all funny, passionate and thought-provoking and make me feel like I'm part of the "sisterhood". Thanks ladies.

I also want to pass The Brilliant Blog Award on to The Toy Society
It is one of my very favourite craft projects ever. Innovative and renegade. I just love it.

The second award that I received was the Tree of Happiness, so I'm going to tell you 6 things that are making me happy at the moment.
  1. The idea of Spring coming soon fills me with anticipation and hope.
  2. The second Thornbury Sewing Bonanza is happening this Saturday so I have a day of stitching, snacking and chatting to look forward to with some lovely women.
  3. Ms L seems to be on the mend after being sick for almost 20 months.
  4. Reconnecting with some girlfriends who I haven't spent much time with lately has been lots of fun and good for the soul.
  5. Reconnecting with myself and learning to look after myself more is happening slowly but surely. I am well on the way back to being healthy, hearty and happy.
  6. My creativity is starting to stir again after the usual winter hiatus.
[hapiness-award.jpg]

So there you have it. A little bit of happiness and love to share.

8 comments:

Georgie Love said...

Oh lordy! Goodness, we* are so stoked, that's the loveliest thing coming from YOU lovely lady.

* Oh and when I talk in plural out of habit, I mean the fat, lazy dog and I. I haven't got to that talking about ones self in the third person stage of pretension YET. (I emphasise the YET, because after a few more awards... I make no promises). ;-)

XOXO!

CurlyPops said...

Yah, I can't wait for Saturday! Glad to hear the creativity mojo is coming back...say hi to Ms L, I'm glad she's feeling better.

Anastasia said...

CONGRATS on the award!! you deserve it!!
i love the Toy society blog - what a brilliant and kind idea!! how cool!!

Karin said...

Well, my head about popped off from surprise! You really made my day. Thank you. My cheeks hurt from the smiling! :-)

How cool to receive an award and then pass it on! I'm inspired!

Sasparilla Sue said...

Congrats on the awards! I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who has these cycles of creativity. Is it frustrating for you as well? I'm glad to hear about your "reconnecting". It's important.

alice c said...

Congratulations on your haul of lovely awards and thank you for the warm message. It is nice to meet you.

Bec said...

Congrats on the awards! And I'm with you on the anticipation of Spring. Bring it on!!!!

Drewzel said...

:D