It's a horrible feeling when I don't feel creative. I always think that it's never going to come back. It always does, and on some level I know it will, but at the time there is always this sense of fear. Perhaps it is the not knowing when that is so hard to deal with. I have never been all that good at giving in and going with the flow - in other words just trusting.
In the absence of creativity, work is even more of a drag than usual. When I am energised by art, craft and blogging work becomes insignificant and I am excited by the possibility of a future and a vision of me as an artist or crafts woman. When the creativity goes I become terrified that I will never get to do work that nurtures my soul and makes me happy. Instead I envisage that I will have to keep doing what I have been doing for so long.
Woe is me today!
Part of my fear is about all the things that I have started working on or ideas that I may never get finished or even started. So I'm going to write down my crafty intentions so they can't get lost. Here goes in no particular order:
- Finish artworks for my 1st market stall
- Make a plastic shopping bag and coin purse - inspiration from here
- Make envelopes using vintage cookbooks just like these
- Make a travel wallet like the one I found here and here
- Finish my art swap piece for this lovely woman
- Finish the entry that I have been working on for the Cancer Council Arts Awards
- Finish the clutch purse I am making for my partner's neice
- Finish putting together the top of my first patchwork quilt