Sunday, March 9, 2008

This is...

I'm joining in Three Buttons meme (I still haven't worked out what meme means by the way). The theme this week is thanks to Boobook Sausage Dogs. I am using a little bit of interpretation for the sake of greater interest.

This is...looking out my back door


Every night this fella gets about making his web right across the exit of the back deck. Sometimes he even has a lady friend over to visit. It's been going on for weeks now. It means that I no longer go out in the back yard after dark and have had to train myself to check the web isn't still hanging around in the morning before I walk out there. I'm terrified of spiders, especially big ones like this but I am also generally in awe of the wonder of all living things so I am happy to adapt my life to accommodate us both. Besides it really is a an example of excellence in craft.

6 comments:

boobook said...

it's scary and good!!

s said...

Thanks for sharing your picture!

Anonymous said...

wonderful photos!

Karin said...

I've got that going on too - but by the garage. Bleegh!!!

So how do you join this "This is..." stuff. I was wondering myself and noticed that you were wondering also!

Anonymous said...

This link will help with the meaning of meme.

must say do not like spiders either.

Rochelle said...

thanks for visiting my blog - it's good to know other newbies out there in the blogging world!
I kinda cheated with my blog header - my husband is a software developer so he knows everything about this kinda stuff. So he made it for me, as I couldn't make anything that looked good! He took the photos of the bunnies I made, and put a design together in photoshop and created it the right size for the purposes of the blog... so sorry haven't got any tips as yet. I'll have to pick his brain for you