Thursday, February 7, 2008

Would I read this if I weren't the author?

Blogging has been on my mind for years.  To blog or not to blog? For a long time I have been blatantly opposed to the idea considering it mostly self indulgence.  In recent times something seems to keep taking me back to it.  I have been getting back to my creative roots and have discovered that pretty much everyone who is crafty is also blogging.  It seems like if you knit, crochet, sew, paint, collage or dabble in them all, then you also blog.  In spite of myself I have thoroughly enjoyed the journey and the opportunity to step into so many worlds and so many people's lives. I feel connected to a community much bigger than the smaller physical world I exist in, and that feels good.  

So I decided to blog to explore my feelings about blogging.  I must admit the irony appeals to me and makes me chuckle.  It seems a good opportunity to indulge my love of writing!

Now it's official.  First post complete and I am blogging.

1 comment:

kelly rae said...

a big congratulations to you on your first post! keep em' coming....
i think you're gonna love it.